Sunday, October 24, 2010

Budget Bride

I will again apologize in advance for the next year or so, that will probably be consumed mostly by mine and Erin's wedding planning....
But, come on, who doesn't love a wedding?:) I am 4 months and counting away from being Mrs. Richard Wise II and I cannot begin to tell you how excited that makes me!

Budget is of course always a concern, especially right now when our economy is in a pretty scary state, but the show must go on, and I intend on doing any budget-smart project I can, on my own if possible.

Yesterday, Miss Erin envisioned and created a gorgeous baby shower for her sister-in-law (who by the way is more than 6 months pregnant and looks insanely beautiful and radiant), and it gave me so much inspiration for my own event. She ordered the most adorable "poms" from Etsy (our favorite webstite) and they turned out so well, that I thought to myself....why can't I create these myself????

So, I am ;). I am starting small and slow, and I am also
going to take my own creative deviations....we will see where it takes me, yikes!

My wedding theme is 50's vintage carnival, and as you may know already if you read my last post, I am having such a blast searching the internet for ideas and insights form fellow brides. My colors are red, and different shades of Tiffany blue, and I have been finding so many unique and fun things to give a nod to my theme! Below you will see my wedding inspiration, as well as my new tissue paper flower creations. I am so in love with carnations "the poor bride's rose" and I can't wait to incorporate millions of them, real and paper, into our event.

Inspiration:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4066/4456263124_2f8c415346_o.jpg




My Newest Creations:




























































































Ciao for now!
M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment