Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Romantic Dinner For Two


A New Valley Secret

So, yesterday was the boy's big 4.0. I wanted to take him to a special dinner, and we found the perfect gem to try....










Jackie Mercandetti



I rely on my Phoenix Magazine for many of my valley adventures, as you may already know, and in this month's issue a review was done that made my taste buds start to dance!

Tucked into a random Awhatukee strip mall we found Secreto, which truly is one of Phoenix's new best kept secrets.

This New Mexican style restaurant did not disappoint. The atmosphere was dark, quiet and very romantic. The oversized booths were filled with pillows and cushions for snuggling and getting cozy next to the one you love.

I found the wine list to be concise and well-balanced, and the condensed menu made our selection easy.

We decided to split a couple of appetizers and share a main entree, which turned out to be a brilliant plan- we were both stuffed.

The two apps we tried, the bacon wrapped shrimp, and crab cakes, were flavorful and garnished in a New Mexican flair.

We split the 10 oz. filet, and I have to say, it was one of the absolute best cuts of meat I have ever had. It literally melted in my mouth and paired with red chili smashed potatoes (served in a green pepper) the entree was a hit.

Some things we want to try next time are the Pork Tenderloin, the Carne Adovada, and the Green Chili Stew. They also had a nice selection of specials, all of which sounded delicious.

They were so sweet and brought out Flan for the birthday boy, and did I mention that the service was impeccable?

Please try this amazing spot and let us know your thoughts, I know we will be back and I hope you will too!


Secreto

(480) 706-2200

4232 E. Chandler Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85048

Ciao,
M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment